WHY CHOOSE US?
Here’s why we’re rated the Best Rafting Company in Montenegro:
• 10.00 am – Let’s start your rafting trip with pick up directly from your hotel in Zabljak and safe driving through the attractive and challenging landscape to Sljivansko, the starting point of rafting tour with the possibility to experience zip line across the river close to the Great Bridge on Djurdjevica Tara (additional payment – 20€) and taking photos.
• 10.30 am – Depending on breaks, we will arrive in the village Šljivansko and get ready for rafting. You will be fitted with a wet suit and booties, a lifejacket, and a helmet. Your guides will fit your river equipment to ensure safety, give you a very detailed safety talk and show you how to sit in the raft and how to paddle.
• 11.00 am – This trip starts off with a slower pace great for warming up and practicing your paddling, through the most attractive areas of Tara River Canyon. We will take a break next to the most plentiful sources in Europe (5000 liters per second) for photographing and sightseeing, and the Monastery of St. Archangel.
• 11.30 am - Rafting through the attractive scenery of the Tara River. You will raft through the attractive rapids, relax on the peaceful flow of the river and enjoy sunbathing on the beach. We will stop for photographing and sightseeing the most plentiful sources in Europe (5000 liters per second), and for swimming below the authentic architecture of the bridge (Bridge on Tara) and the Monastery of St. Archangel.
• We won’t miss the opportunity to show you the White Springs – the place where water from Black Lake after a seven-day passage through underground channels flows into the Tara River. White springs are a natural phenomenon because the channel runs under the riverbeds and they are flowing on the other side.
• Around 16.30 pm your rafting tour finishes in the Eco Lodge Radovan Luka, located right on the half of the navigable part of the Tara River, in the heart of the National Park Durmitor. Unparalleled views of the Tara River, Canyon and Durmitor massif from this Eco Lodge will make delicious lunch even tastier.
• Although you will be sorry leaving this place, we assure you to enjoy the drive back to Zabljak through breathtaking areas of Piva and Durmitor Nature Parks. We will take a short break to view the deepest part of the canyon (1360 m), on the popular viewpoint Curevac, as well as in the village Tepavca for photographing.
• This magnificent trip will end around 19.00 pm in your place in Zabljak.
The price per person is 110€
If you are looking for a more exciting one-day rafting trip, we highly recommend the most popular rafting through the bottom part of the Tara River which starts from Scepan Polje. READ MORE
There are 18 fun-filled kilometers of beautiful scenery and tumbling whitewater on 21 of the most exciting rapids at 45€ cost including breakfast and lunch. Scepan Polje is a small village situated 100 meters before the border crossing between Montenegro and Bosnia (on Montenegro side), at about 1,5 hours by car from Zabljak. This most beautiful mountain road goes all the way through Durmitor and Piva National Parks and joins the regional road right on the Piva Lake, Pluzine Municipality.
You’ve got questions and we’ve got answers. Take a look at the most commonly asked questions that we receive from our guests. If you don’t see an answer to the question feel free to give us a call via Viber, WhatsApp, or Messenger at +382 69 310 848 or email us at [email protected]
WHAT MEASURES ARE YOU TAKING AGAINST COVID 19?
We are pleased to report that we had a successful 2020 season because there were no known cases of COVID-19 infection during our adventures. We take what we learned in 2020 and prepare for new adventures in 2021.
Nobody knows what the world will be like in the coming period. We hope to organize our adventures in the same way we did before COVID-19. However, we take hygiene and cleanliness standards seriously, and regardless of the status of the 2021 pandemic, we will continue to take additional steps to protect our guests and employees from the spread of the virus.
Our health and safety measures are designed to prevent a wide range of viruses, including CoV-2, and include special hand washing hygiene, disinfection of all vehicles, boats and complete equipment used during our adventures.
The use of protective masks or face cover for guests and employees of the Waterfall Rafting Center is mandatory if it is not possible to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 m.
Buffet-style food service will not be allowed and our staff will serve food. The use of protective face masks is mandatory during food preparation and serving.
Hand sanitizers will be placed at the entrance to the Center, in front of the toilets, in all accommodation units and on all tables in the restaurant. Every boat and every vehicle will be equipped with a hand sanitizer.
The Waterfall Rafting Center cannot declare that rafting and other adventures are safe from COVID-19. Unfortunately, no one knows if the world will ever be "safe" from coronavirus again, so we all have to take responsibility for our own protection.
WILL I GET WET?
Yes – but you will be in a wetsuit and booties. White water rafting is a great activity for rainy days as you are going to be wet anyway!
WHAT SHOES SHOULD I WEAR?
We provide complete and professional rafting equipment including wetsuits and booties, life jackets and helmets, as well as anoraks for rainy occasions. So you can wear your normal shoes and clothes to get to the rafting base.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You should bring a swimming suit and suntan lotion, sunglasses and warm clothes for chilly evenings next to the campfire if staying overnight in the Waterfall Center.
DO I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SWIM?
In the springtime when the river is high, it is recommended that you be able to swim. In the summertime when the river is lower you do not have to be a swimmer at all. Just make sure to let your guide know of your comfort level and swimming ability. Anyway, safety west is obligatory and you should follow instructions provided by the river guide. No one falls down from the boat, unless by purpose.
DO PEOPLE FALL OUT OF THE BOAT?
We take your safety seriously. Every trip starts with a full safety briefing and paddle instruction. Our boats are equipped with perimeter and center lines to give you ample places to hang on and stay in the boat. There is some risk in whitewater rafting, however, but it is rare that people fall out of the boat. In the case that they do – they are retrieved quickly using the drills that are taught in the safety briefing. In the spring with the higher water levels, there is a greater potential for things to happen. High water is definitely not for everyone.
WHAT IF THE WEATHER IS BAD?
Our trips leave as scheduled, rain, or shine. In the event of extreme weather conditions, we do reserve the right to alter your trip.
WHEN RAFTING SEASON STARTS?
Our season starts 1st of May and runs till October 1st. May and early June are defined by higher water flows and attract more adventuresome groups. In July and August water levels typically drop and conditions become perfect for younger families and multi-generational groups.
WHAT ARE THE AGE LIMITS FOR RAFTING?
We encourage everyone, young and old, fit or a couch potato, to experience the fun of white water rafting and hope that you will learn to love this sport as much as we do. From July – October, we hosted children 4 years old but also people in the late seventies.
WHAT IF I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON RAFTING BEFORE?
Most of our guests have never been on rafting before. All our trips are adapted for newcomers.
IS RAFTING SAFE ADVENTURE?
We are proud to be one of the pioneers of Rafting on the Tara River. Since 2000, our skippers have rafted with over 50 000 guests with not a single accident. Rafting is thrilling, exciting, wet, wild, and unbelievably fun. However, as with all adventure sports, there is inherent...
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES?
All Taxes and River Access fees are included in our base price. Rafting guides and waiters gratuities are not included in the trip price and are greatly appreciated.
DO YOU OFFER GROUP DISCOUNTS?
Of course, when it comes to rafting the Tara River, the more people you bring the more fun you will have! We offer some of the best group discounts on the river! Please check out our Groups page for more information.
CAN I BRING MY CAMERA?
We recommend that cameras are left behind at the Waterfall center as we cannot guarantee their safety against damage even if waterproof. However, if you would still like to take a camera on the rafting trip, we have waterproof safety bags on every raft where you can store them during the rapids and use them during breaks.
CAN I WEAR SUNGLASSES/ PRESCRIPTION GLASSES OR CONTACT LENSES?
Yes, you can, however, we do recommend a sports strap or tie for glasses. Once again remember we can’t guarantee the safety of your glasses. So if you can do it without it then do.
HOW MANY PEOPLE GO IN A RAFT?
All of our rafts can comfortably accommodate 8 guests + river guide.
ARE GRATUITIES ACCEPTABLE?
Absolutely. If your guides contributed to your enjoyment of the day please give them a tip! Gratuities for guides are acceptable and greatly appreciated. And we’d love to hear about it as well. Our guides are some of the most important people of our staff and we want to know when they are doing a great job.
CAN WE PURCHASE SOUVENIRS?
Absolutely! We have a Gift shop stocked with a wide variety of specially designed T-shirts, rucksacks, hats, etc….come on in!
ARE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED?
Yes. Reservations are required and a 20% advance payment must be received prior to the date of your adventure. Same-day reservations are accepted based on availability, so please book online or send us an email.
WHAT SETS WATERFALL RAFTING CENTER APART FROM THE REST?
Everything! This might sound like a bold statement, but we encourage you to do some research on other outfitters in the Tara River Canyon and throughout the region. As the leaders in white water hospitality, we are dedicated to making sure that each of our guests feels welcome, wanted, and comfortable throughout their entire experience with us. From our highly trained professional staff to our top-of-the-line equipment for your safety and comfort, and everything in-between we can show you the rapids of the mighty Tara River like no one else!
We understand how overwhelming it can be to plan and book your vacation.
With so many options out there you’re left constantly wondering: Did I pick the right trip? Are there any hidden fees? What if we need to cancel? So we’ve decided to do everything we can to make the process as easy and flexible as possible. Because after all, vacations are supposed to be fun, right?
We seldom cancel or postpone a trip, but we reserve the right to do so when necessary: due to water conditions, weather, insufficient reservations, or other reasons beyond our control. In such a case, 100% of your fees will be refunded or applied to another trip, but not expenses incurred in travel.
Here’s why we’re rated the Best Rafting Company in Montenegro: